This eggless rich and moist Zucchini cake is my favourite way to eat vegetable. The zucchini makes the cake so moist you would never even know there is a vegetable in it.
This cake is not only egg free but also contains absolutely no all purpose flour or maida and uses oil instead of butter. It’s a perfect way to use up an abundance of zucchini in a dessert. The moisture in the zucchini lends itself to making the most perfect, moist chocolate cake. It tastes delicious – Chocolate lovers do try this ….
Zucchini Chocolate Cake | With Whole Wheat | Vegetable Chocolate Cake
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Shredded zucchini cake – 1 cup ( squeezed and dry )
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup
Greek yogurt- 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Dry ingredients: In a bowl sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add shredded and squeezed zucchini. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: In a mixer add brown sugar, curd, and oil.Blend them until smooth.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.Put prepared batter into a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle topping over cake and with help of spatula press topping gently.Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Don’t over mix the prepared batter.
- Don’t demould quickly allow it to cool down completely.
- Baking time may vary.
- Brown sugar can be replaced by white sugar.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake