When it comes to Snack boxes, packing is always difficult as we want a quick fix and a healthy one every day. Always fruits make a good choice for morning snacks and some healthy crunchy snacks would be great for midmorning office snacks or kids’ evening hunger.
Peanut Sesame Seeds Laddu with Jaggery is nutritious, healthy, and easy to prepare. You need three main ingredients for making this laddu. I love snacking on these guilt-free laddus. As these laddus contain peanuts, jaggery, and sesame seeds, they are rich in protein and iron. These guilt-free laddus can be had as a snack can be given to children as after-school snacks or can be packed in their snack boxes.
I often make and stock these kinds of healthy ladoos at home to snack in between meals. What I loved is the addition of fennel seeds. Dried fennel seeds are a storehouse of various nutrients, with low calories and high in different micro and macronutrients.
Sesame seeds – 1 cup
Salted & roasted peanuts – 1 cup ( Readymade)
Grated jaggery – 1 & 1/2 cups
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Homemade ghee – 3 tbsp
- Heat a pan and add sesame seeds. Roast till crispy on low heat. Transfer them into separate bowl and allow it to cool down completely.
- Then in a grinder add roasted sesame seeds with salted, roasted peanuts and fennel seeds into coarse mixture.
- Add ghee in a same pan and add jaggery. Allow jaggery to melt completely.
- Then add prepared coarse mixture and mix it well.
- Transfer mixture in a separate thali or in bowl. Allow it cool down a bit.
- Grease your hands with little ghee. Make small/medium laddus.
- Store them in an airtight container. Serve as needed.
Categories: Snack Recipes