This Custard Cranberry Jam Cake is festive and luscious. Perfectly spiced, moist, and with a hint of sweetness, this spiced cranberry jam cake will quickly be a party favorite. Even better, it’s super easy to transport so that you can steal the show with this cake. You won’t have any leftovers :)It is spiced, moist, and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast or afternoon snack.
The Cranberry is the star of this cake. This cake is packed with whole grains, fresh cranberry flavor, and spiced with cinnamon powder. In this cake recipe, I used fresh homemade spiced cranberry jam. Also, this cake is made with whole wheat flour. It’s best to start substituting whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour slowly to get used to the taste and texture. Whole wheat flour is high in fiber and cakes made with whole wheat flour are more filling and healthy.
Cranberries are small berries, round or oval. The color varies from red to dark red. Cranberry flesh is white and tastes bittersweet. When it comes to the holiday season, cranberries are king. Serve these cranberry recipes like tender bread, easy pie recipes, and savory stuffings.
Custard powder is mainly used to make dessert recipes like fruit custard. The most common recipe is fruit custard which is made with milk to form a thick sauce to top with fruits. I also make custard rice kheer with custard powder and it tastes delicious. I usually use custard powder in my cake recipes to give a nice yellow color. Some cake recipes with custard powder – Malai custard cake, Pumpkin cake and I always use custard powder in my most favorite cake – Orange cake.
Custard powder not only adds a good aroma in baking it also makes them more delicious, and it gives beautiful golden yellow color after baking. This delicious cake has a perfect golden color with a perfect texture that melts into your mouth and it’s eggless, butterless too.
Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups ( All purpose flour or maida (1 cup ) & whole wheat flour(1/2)) + 1 tbsp
Greek yogurt – 1 cup
Dried red cranberries – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder – 1/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Dry mixture: Shift all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda. Mix salt and keep it aside.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder add sugar, curd, oil and custard powder. Grind until smooth.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture with grated carrot.
- Put 3 big scoop prepared batter into a greased pan. Then add 3 tbsp of cranberry jam and using a fork, make swirling pattern through the batters to get the beautiful marble design. Repeat this process with remaining batter.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Sprinkles some dried red cranberry and press gently with spoon.
- Put the pan into the preheated wok and bake it for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- When cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely and then cut. Serve with tea.
HOW TO BAKE THE CAKE IN KADAI (WOK)
In a heavy bottom, kadai add a cup of salt or sand. Place a steel stand in a wok. Cover and preheat the kadai on high heat for about 8 minutes. (Adding salt at the bottom ensures that the kadai doesn’t burn. Heavy bottom kadai acts as oven and ensures even cooking from all sides). I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom kadai (Prestige Brand) and I am baking for the past 2 years in the same kadai. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the kadai.
After 8 minutes, lower the heat and put the baking tin in a kadai (wok). Cover a lid and bake bread for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the bread is done. If batter still sticks to the knife then again bread for another 10 minutes.
Categories: Cooker Cake