This Christmas Jam is a delicious, sweet-tart blend of cranberries, oranges, lemon juice and seasonal spice that are sure to please your palate. Perfect for canning up and giving away as a thoughtful Christmas gift this season. I love the flavors associated with the Christmas season. From sweet, delicious homemade cake and chocolates to the sweet-tart flavor of cranberries and spices. There’s nothing quite like it.
This jam is super easy. This recipe for spiced Christmas jam is perfect jar of homemade goodness to make and take along with you this holiday season to pass along to not only your neighbors, but the favorite people in your life.
Cranberries are not only delicious, they are also very healthy and considered superfood. Cranberries are full of vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin K. Cranberries outrank almost every fruit and vegetable when it comes to antioxidants. So for breakfast, substitute store-bought strawberry jam for this vitamin packed cranberry jam.
Fresh cranberries – 250 gms ( 1 cup)
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Fresh orange juice – 1/2 cup
Juice of half lemon
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, mix, and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes (covered).
- After 8 minutes mash mixture with a potato masher.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame. Allow jam to cool down completely.
- Then store in sterilized glass jar. Enjoy jam with warm toast.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow to cool and store in sterilized glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 4 months.