I’m super excited to share this one with you. This carrot cake didn’t last long in our household and I’ll be making it again soon. This Cranberry Orange Carrot Cake is soft and moist is packed with carrots, lots of cranberries, dry fruits.
Carrots are immeasurably beneficial for our health. In addition, the versatile vegetable is suitable for both salty and sweet dishes. This one is a sweet treat – Sunshine Carrot Cranberry Cake with lots of Dry Nuts.
I fiddled with the idea of calling it Sunshine Cake :). The name fits perfectly. This cake is flavored with cinnamon, dried red cranberries with lots of mixed nuts adds a surprising freshness that is scattered throughout the cake. Carrots add nutrition and robustness. I added 2 cups of grated carrots to this cake. One cup mix with dry ingredients and one cup grind with wet ingredients. This cake is a perfect snack to go with tea or a slice for breakfast serves just right.
Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Grated carrot – 2 cups
Oil – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup or 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Homemade Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
Dried red cranberries (1/2 cup) and chopped mix nuts (1 cup)
A pinch of salt
Pumpkin seeds – 1/4 cup
- Dry ingredients: Sieve Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and salt.
- Now add dried red cranberries and mix nuts with one cup of grated carrot. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients : Add milk, sugar, oil, with one cup of grated carrot in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients. Put the prepared batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over batter and with help of spatula or spoon press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated kadai (wok) and bake it for 1 hour 10 minutes..
- When cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
HOW TO BAKE THE CAKE IN KADAI (WOK)
In a heavy bottom kadai add a cup of salt or sand. Place a steel stand in a wok. Cover and preheat the kadai on high heat for about 8 minutes. (Adding salt at the bottom ensures that the kadai doesn’t burn. Heavy bottom kadai acts as oven and ensures even cooking from all sides). I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom kadai (Prestige Brand) and I am baking for the past 2 years in the same kadai. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the kadai.
After 8 minutes, lower the heat and put baking tin in a kadai. Cover a lid and bake bread for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the bread is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bread for another 10 minutes.
Categories: Cooker Cake