We get it 🙂 It’s hard to put into words just how much that special man in your life means to you. Whether it’s your dad, uncle, brother, grandpa — anyone who has been a father figure to you — you want to make sure you express your love and gratitude for him the right way come June 20. Whether it’s a Tiered Tower or Simple Homemade little loaf cake is a wonderful way to celebrate.
Last year, I baked No sugar super healthy treat – Dates Prunes Banana Cake in which I used oats flour and whole wheat spelled flakes homemade flour.
This time I used Oats flour and replaced whole wheat flour with whole wheat spelled flakes homemade flour. Oats are a vegan super staple due to all the great ways you can enjoy them. They help thicken gravies, work as healthy substitutes for refined flours and grains. You can add oats flour to whole wheat flour and make whole wheat oats chapati or paratha.
Chocolate Oats Dates Prunes Brownies | No Sugar No Egg No All Purpose Flour No Butter And No Oven Baked
I try to add oats to pretty much everything – dosa ,uttapam, idli, chilla or cookies. Then why not in baking ?. These brownies are simple to make and have all the qualities you want in a brownie. They’re rich, fudgy, moist, chocolatey, and delicious too.
Oats flour – 1 cup
Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Dates & Prunes – 10 each ( Dates deseeded)
Room temperature milk – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
The mix of roasted pumpkin seeds (2 tbsp), sesame seeds (2 tbsp), flaxseeds (1 tbsp), quinoa puff (1 tbsp) crushed walnuts (2 tbsp), sliced almonds (2 tbsp)
- Sieve dry Ingredients: Mix oats flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and keep it aside.
- Wet Ingredients: Now add milk, dates & prunes, oil, to mixer and blend until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients well.
- Put half prepared batter into a greased square pan. Sprinkle nuts mix over batter.
- Put remaining batter and sprinkle nuts over it and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated kadai (wok) and bake it for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- When brownie is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow brownie to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust dates & prunes quantity according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If batter looks dry, add 1/8 cup of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
HOW TO BAKE THE CAKE IN KADAI (WOK)
In a heavy bottom kadai add a cup of salt or sand. Place a steel stand in a wok. Cover and preheat the kadai on high heat for about 8 minutes. (Adding salt at the bottom ensures that the kadai doesn’t burn. Heavy bottom kadai acts as oven and ensures even cooking from all sides). I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom kadai (Prestige Brand) and I am baking for the past 2 years in the same kadai. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the kadai.
After 8 minutes, lower the heat and put baking tin in a kadai. Cover a lid and bake bread for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the bread is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bread for another 10 minutes.
Categories: Cooker Cake