Here is a healthy, delicious and tasty No Fry Zucchini Kofta recipe which you will absolutely love. These kofta are not deep fried but pan fried in a Paniyaram Pan (Appe Pan ). Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a summer squash in the Cucurbitaceae plant family, alongside melons, spaghetti squash, and cucumbers. Zucchini contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds. Cooked zucchini is particularly high in vitamin A, though raw zucchini contains slightly less.
An appe pan or paniyaram pan is easily available across India. It is a thick, heavy-bottomed dish with several small, round cavities. Brush pan with oil, and when heated, add a tablespoon of kofta batter in each greased cavity. Cook for 10-15 minutes on each side on a medium flame till the koftas are golden brown.
I didn’t use salt and water in this recipe.
- Because salt causes zucchini rounds to release excess water.
- Zucchini have enough water to hold kofta shape so no need to add extra water.
Grated zucchini – 1 medium size
Besan or gram flour – 1 cup
Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric or Haldi – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Chat masala – 1 tbsp
Ghee for shallow frying
- Into a large mixing bowl, add all above ingredients (excpt ghee) and mix everything well.
- Dont add water and salt.
- Preheat a appe pan and drizzle a little oil or ghee in each of the cavities; then place the kofta balls in the pan’s cavities; drizzle the kofta with a little oil and pan fry them until golden brown on both sides.
- You will have to flip the kofta balls so they fry on all sides evenly.
- Once done, keep the lauki kofta balls aside and we will use them only when we are ready to serve.
Categories: Snack Recipes