True friendship gets stronger no matter what distance that may be between them be it oceans or billions of miles, it only gets stronger with time. Even distance or something else is not a hindrance to true friendship. Feel free to send your friends these long distance birthday wishes and continue with the special bond and we hope your friendship will continue to blossom.
I baked this cake for my bestie who is living miles away. Today is her birthday and she is a huge chocolate fan.This chocolate orange celebration cake is no ordinary cake. The secret of this Orangey tasty cake is – The Whole Boiled Mandarin.When Mandarin is boil for that long, its bitterness slips into the water. You can use the whole Mandarin with skin and all, for a moist and delicious result. You can used malta orange as well. Do try this cake.
My Bestie Birthday | Chocolate Orange Cake | Boiled Orange Choco Cake
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
Malta Orange – 2 (small size)
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup
A pinch of salt
I used chocolate easter eggs – 6
Milk – 2 tbsp
Chocolate chips – 2 tbsp
Few Fresh slices of Oranges
- Boil whole orange (with skin) in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water (cook in low flame till one whistle ) or in a saucepan put 2 cups of water and orange. Boil it for 30 minutes covered in low flame.After boiling allow orange to cool down completely. Then remove its pulp and remove pith from the skin.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder mix sugar, oil, yogurt, boiled orange (with the skin after removing pith) and grind into a smooth batter.
- Dry mixture: Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix dry and wet mixtures.
- Put prepared batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of curd.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
- For best results use orange with thin skin.
- “Malta” orange is perfect for this cake.
My Favorite Combo – Chocolate & Orange
For Topping : Melt easter chocolate eggs in a microwave for few minutes. Add little milk and mix it well. Quick Chocolate ganache is ready. Spread evenly on cake and sprinkle some chocolate chips with fresh oranges slices.
Categories: Cooker Cake