You think you’ve had lemon cake? Taste what happens when you grind whole lemon into the cake batter. For this recipe, you’re going to boil the lemons instead of just zesting and juicing them. Boiling the fruit removes bitterness and softens the pith and pulp. The lemons will bob at the top of the waterline in your pot, but they’ll rotate around on their own; there’s no need to stir.
Eggless Lemon Blueberry Cake Made With Boiled Lemon. It is a moist and delicious fruit cake. It could also be called a Whole Lemon Cake because the whole lemon (peel, juice, and pulp) is used with lots of fresh blueberries. It is perfect served with a warm cup of tea or coffee. Do try this cake ….
Lemon Blueberry Cake is a moist and delicious crowd-pleasing dessert. This flavorful cake uses an entire lemon, peel, juice and pulp, for an amazingly lemony result. Blueberries are my favorite berries. Their flavor is delicious, they don’t have any pesky seeds to deal with, and the color is just SO pretty.
Flour – 1 cup (Whole Wheat Flour(1/4 cup): Maida or All Purpose Flour( 3/4 cup) )
One whole lemon
Fresh blueberries – 1 cup ( 1 tbsp of flour, 2 tbsp of lemon juice)
Powdered White Sugar or fine white sugar – 1/2 cup
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder – 1/8 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1. Boil Lemon (with skin) in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water (cook in low flame till one whistle ) or in a saucepan put 2 cups of water and orange. Boil it for 35 minutes covered in low flame.
2. After boiling allow lemon to cool down completely. Then remove its pulp and remove pith from the skin.
3. Wet mixture: In a grinder mix sugar, oil, yogurt , boiled lemon with skin and pulp), vanilla custard powder and grind into a smooth batter.
4. Toss fresh blueberries with 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour and lemon juice Keep them aside.
5. Dry mixture: Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, custard powder.
6. Mix dry and wet ingredients well.
7. Put prepared batter into a greased pan and put one layer of blueberries. Then repeat.
8. Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
9. Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake