Who’s ready to make an easy Strawberry Jam with all those sweet delicious strawberries in season right now? You’re in luck, this simple No Pectin Strawberry Jam Recipe is made with only strawberries, sugar and a bit of lemon. Couldn’t be easier.
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Strawberry jam is an easy, pectin-free homemade jam recipe. Strawberries are naturally rich in pectin, there’s no need to add pectin. Pectin is a naturally occurring substance that makes jellies gel and gives jams their spread consistency. This recipe makes a thick, chunky soft jam that easily spread over pancakes or ice cream or on toasted bread. It is so simple and is a great way to use up a few pounds of strawberries.
Fresh strawberry – 400 gms (3 cups of chopped strawberry)
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Juice of half lemon
- Wash and chop strawberry into small pieces. In a heavy bottom, pan add chopped strawberry and sugar.
- Stir over medium flame until the sugar is dissolved. Let it boiled over medium heat until thick.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix it well and cook for a minute.
- Allow jam to cool down completely.
- Store Strawberry Jam in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.