Have you tried Peanut Butter Banana Tea Time Cake? If you are a peanut butter lover, you are going to go bananas for this banana bread recipe. It has full of peanut butter flavor and banana. Earlier, I baked Chocolate peanut butter cake, and it’s a foolproof recipe. But, this cake recipe is without cocoa powder and it turned out super delicious.
Overripe bananas are the best for baking. Bananas are so good for you, they are naturally sweet and rich in potassium, which plays an important role decreasing the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
Peanut Butter and banana are a classic combination, and with good reason. Not only do their flavors compliment each other well, they also have some potential health benefits. Peanut butter is a good source of monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, as well as nutrients like magnesium, folate, and vitamin E.
Making your own peanut butter is super easy. It takes a few minutes to transform whole peanuts into warm and creamy, delicious homemade peanut butter. Place roasted and skin removed peanuts in a food processor. Turn the food processor on and let it run for 4-5 minutes. Roasted peanuts will go from crumbs to a dry ball to a smooth and creamy liquid Peanut Butter. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, or salt, if you want.
Tea Time Cake | Peanut Butter Banana Cake
I also posted a banana cake recipe with cocoa powder ( Eggless Banana Choco Cake ), dates (Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Dates Cake), and with carrots (Whole Wheat Carrot Banana Cake). This time I tried with homemade peanut butter and it turned out a delicious treat.
Combining two classic flavors – Banana and Homemade Peanut Butter in one super moist CAKE and it’s a perfect treat for kids in the summer holidays. It’s made with whole wheat, banana, peanut butter that make this cake packed with nutrients and a delicious flavor.
Ripe banana – 4 (small size)
Whole wheat flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
Refined oil – 1/4 cup
Homemade peanut butter – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Roasted & crushed for toppings
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, directly in the bowl.
- Wet Ingredients – In a mixer add bananas, brown sugar, oil, peanut butter and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put the batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle topping over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust brown sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake