Got a ripe banana or two sitting around? Lets Bake. Ripe and overripe bananas are a superhero of whole-food, plant-based baking, keeping things moist while adding flavor and natural sweetness. Super ripe bananas and freshly grated carrots work best in this recipe. I swapped all-purpose flour with regular whole wheat flour and it gives a perfect grainy texture.
A bright orange root vegetable that’s versatile, sweet, and nutritious. They come in different colors but – Orange may be their best-known color, but they also come in other hues, including purple, yellow, red, and white. This versatile veggie may taste slightly different depending on the color, size, and where it’s grown. The sugar in carrots gives them a slightly sweet flavor which makes them perfect for baking.
I also posted a banana cake recipe with cocoa powder ( Eggless Banana Choco Cake ) and dates (Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Dates Cake). This time I tried with Carrots and it turned out a delicious treat. Combining two classic flavors in one super moist CAKE and it’s a perfect treat for kids in the summer holidays. It’s made with whole wheat, banana, carrots that make this cake packed with nutrients and a delicious flavor.
Summer Holiday Treat | Healthy Carrot Cake | Wholesome Fruit Cake
This delicious Wholesome Cake recipe is made with bananas, grated carrots bringing the best of both worlds to one bake. Add a variety of dried fruit like red cranberries to pack this cake full of flavor and top with toasted sesame seeds a special finish.
Ripe Banana – 4 (small size)
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Grated carrot – 1 cup
Dried cranberries – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Sesame seeds and Dried cranberries (3 tbsp each) toppings
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Soak dried red cranberries in a 3/4 cup of warm water for 20 minutes.
- Remove water and dry them completely. Keep them aside.
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, directly in the bowl. Add grated carrot with soaked red cranberries and mix them well.
- Wet Ingredients – In a mixer add bananas, brown sugar, oil, and grind until smooth.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put the batter into a greased pan and tap the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Sprinkle topping over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust brown sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake