Pasta is a favorite of kids, as well as grown-ups. Pasta sauces, like many meals that have a sauce base, are a great way to up the vegetable intake of your child’s meal. This Veggie Pasta Sauce is made with three vegetables – Carrot, Red Capsicum, Snack Tomatoes and blended smooth, making it perfect for fussy eaters or kids with textural issues.
Red Pasta Sauce (With Veggies)
Preparing the pasta, sauce, and veggies all together will take some time, so if you are looking for a quicker meal, you can prepare the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it.
This red sauce recipe is perfect for pasta, pizza, even in lasagna as well. The secret ingredient is chopped carrots, which gives this pasta sauce a fresh flavor and add a nice sweetness. Once the sauce is pureed, you’ll never see the carrots, but you’ll taste the difference.
Capsicums, available in a multitude of colors, is an excellent source of vitamins A and C. This versatile vegetable can be stuffed, roasted, used in stir-fries, or simply eaten raw as well. Red capsicums are sweeter than green capsicums, but they soften faster and it gives bright red color in this pasta sauce.
The most famous among the snack vegetables in Holland is the snack tomato (Snoeptomaatjes). They have a sweet taste and a lot of juice. No wonder they are considered the ultimate candy tomatoes and it’s my all-time favorite snack. These snack tomatoes have sweet and tart in taste. They are a perfect combination with garlic and carrots, bringing on fresh flavors to a pasta sauce.
Red Pasta Sauce (With Veggies) | Healthy Vegetable Red Pasta Sauce | Three Vegetable Pasta Sauce
This pasta sauce is easy to make everyday pasta recipes. Tomato-based sauces are usually quick to prepare the sauce while making pasta at home, but this pasta sauce uses a puree made from red peppers and carrot adding to the nutrition of the pasta. Do try this …..
Red onions – 1 (chopped)
Red capcicum – 1 (chopped)
Snack tomatoes – 14 (halved)
Carrots – 2 (chopped)
Chopped garlic – 4
Oregano – 1 tbsp
Butter or Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Red chilli flakes – 1 tbsp
Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Heat the oil (2 tbsp) in a pan and saute the onion for approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add the red capcicum, carrot and snack tomatoes, and cook for a further 8 minutes, stirring occasionally (covered).
- Switch off the flame and allow veggies to cool down completely.
- Transfer cooked veggies to a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp of oil or butter and puree cooked veggies.
- Add oregano, red chilli flakes, crushed black pepper, himalayan pink salt and mix them well.
- Simmer uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Mix cooked pasta with prepared pasta sauce and serve with grated cheese.