This simple side dish that is easily made with steamed fresh green beans with juicy snack tomatoes (Snoeptomaatjes are known as snack tomatoes in Holland ), red onions and tossed with tangy lemon dressing. Dried cranberries and roasted coconut gives this salad a sweet, nutty flavor.
Blanching, or lightly cooking the beans, is a great way to ensure they stay bright green and crisp. French beans are a fantastic source of vital nutrients, particularly vitamins C and A. They also include many minerals, including iron, calcium, and magnesium. They’re also low in calories and contain no saturated fat. Plus, if that wasn’t enough, they’re rich in dietary fiber – ideal for good gut health.
Snoeptomaatjes are known as snack tomatoes in Holland. Snack tomatoes are baby plum tomatoes in all sorts of different colors that are sold in a convenient snack package in the supermarket in Holland. They have a sweet taste and a lot of juice. No wonder they are considered the ultimate candy tomatoes and it’s my all-time favorite snack.
Crunchy French Beans Salad | French Beans Tomato Salad With Roasted Coconut and Lemon Dressing
Green Bean Salad is bursting with fresh lemon dressing. Fresh crunchy green beans are served with snack tomatoes, red onions, and lemon dressing and garnished with dried red cranberries. Roasted coconut powder gives the perfect slightly nutty flavor.
Fresh french beans – 250 gms (slice beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces)
Red onion – 1 (sliced)
Snack tomatoes – 10 (halved)
Dried red cranberries – 1/2 cup
Roasted coconut powder – 1/4 cup
Spicy orange dressing :
Fresh lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tsp
Spices for dressing :
Roasted cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chili flakes – 1/2 tsp
Black salt – 1/8 tsp
Dry coriander leaves powder – 1/4
Salt to taste
- For lemon dressing – Place lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil with spices in an airtight container and shake well, or whisk ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans, cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes ( until crisp-tender). Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Allow blanched beans to cool down before mixing.
- In a big bowl add blanched beans, snack tomatoes, sliced onions with roasted coconut powder and mix them well.
- Drizzle lemon dressing over the salad. Serve immediately.