Father’s Day is an opportunity to tell dad how much you appreciate him. New dads, old dads, granddads, dads-in-law. There must be a million fatherly types out there, and without a doubt, there are at least that many reasons to honor them on Father’s Day. Treat your dad on Father’s Day with this delicious No sugar super healthy treat – Dates Prunes Banana Cake.
I think a heartfelt or handmade personalized gift is always special. I love handmade gifts and cards. Reyansh loves lego, so he made Lego Photo Frame and cute Heart with legos, and simple cards always bring a smile on anyone’s face.
Recently, on Manu’s birthday, I shared No Sugar Dates Prunes Cake with homemade whole wheat spelled flakes flour and homemade oat flours. Earlier, I also shared chocolate brownies recipe using two types of oats – Steel cuts and Instant cooking oats. Both cakes turned out super tasty and moist.
For sweetness, I used Dates and Prunes with few Raisins in it which are the healthier sugar substitute. A Raisin is a dried grape. Raisins are produced in many regions of the world and maybe eaten raw or used in cooking, baking, and brewing. I used whole wheat spelled flakes homemade flour.
Whole wheat spelled flakes consists of fully organic spelled granules. The whole grains are cold crushed into flakes and remain free of additives. Thanks to the many proteins, spelled flakes are particularly nutritious and they contain more protein than wheat. Also, they are easy to digest. Making flour with these flakes is so easy just roast them for a few minutes and grind into a fine powder.
Father’s Day Cake | No Sugar Cake | Dates Prunes Banana Cake | Baking With Homemade Whole wheat Spelled Flake Flour
Soft and moist eggless cake is a perfect partner with a hot cup of tea. You will get wonderful flavor when you are using dates and prunes in baking. The darker, softer, and blacker the better. Super-ripe bananas are easier to mash so you can get a nice uniform texture. The banana puree blends in with the other ingredients and bakes a perfect cake.
Whole wheat spelled flake flour – 3/4 cup
Quick cooking oats flour– 1/4 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/8 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Ripe banana – 1
Dates (deseed)- 10
Prunes – 5
Raisins – 1/8 cup
A pinch of salt
For Topping : Roasted almonds, flax seeds, pecans, pistachios, raisins, dried red cranberries, roasted sunflower seeds, dried apricots, sesame seeds (Any other nuts and seeds of your choice)
- Soak dates, prunes with raisins in 3/4 cup of warm milk for 1 hour.
- Dry Ingredients: Mix flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Keep it aside.
- Now in a grinder add soaked dates, prunes, raisin, banana with milk (Use the same milk in which dates are soaked), oil. Grind the mixture until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients well.
- Put prepared batter into a greased square pan. Sprinkle topping over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Don’t demould quickly allow it to cool down completely.
- Cover cake with kitchen towel for half an hour before slicing.
- Baking time may vary.
- If prepared batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake