Snoeptomaatjes are known as snack tomatoes in Holland. Snack tomatoes are baby plum tomatoes in all sorts of different colors that are sold in a convenient snack package in the supermarket in Holland. They have a sweet taste and a lot of juice. No wonder they are considered the ultimate candy tomatoes and it’s my all-time favorite snack. These snack tomatoes are packed in a handy bucket or cup. The tomatoes are ‘ready to eat’.
Snack or snack tomatoes are vegetables for a tasty appetite. They are candy vegetables: fresh, healthy, and above all delicious. They are also called candy tomatoes. Children love it, even tricky vegetable eaters can be tempted.
Tomatoes are high in healthy nutritional values. They are rich in vitamin C and beta carotene, which together with other nutrients protect the body against tissue damage and aging. The tomato also contains a lot of dietary fiber and relatively much protein. Also, the tomato contains potassium that plays a role in maintaining healthy blood pressure.
These snack tomatoes have sweet and tart in taste. They are a perfect combination with pan-roasted garlic and dry red chilies, bringing on fresh flavors to a chutney. A simple, spicy, and quick chutney recipe that is packed with flavors and goes well as a side dish with parathas or dosa.
Snoeptomaatjes Knoflook Dip | Tomato Garlic Chutney |Spicy Garlic Dip
This spicy tomato, dry red chili, and garlic chutney recipe simply require blending together soaked red chilies, garlic, and tomatoes with a little salt and cumin for seasoning. Its recipe is super easy and ready within 20 minutes, this chutney is a great accompaniment to any meal.
Snack Tomatoes – 250 gms (Slice into half)
Garlic pods – 6
Dry red chilli – 5
Oil – 2 tbsp
Black Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then add dry red chillies and cook for 10 minutes. Drain really well and allow to cool for a few minutes or you can soak dry red chilli overnight as well.
- Put 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Saute garlic pods for 1 minute on medium low flame. Then add soaked dry red chilli and saute for another minute.
- Add saute garlic and dry chilli in a mixer and process until smooth.
- In a same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. Temper black mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- Lower the flame and snack tomatoes with grounded garlic, dry red chilli paste.
- Add salt and cook in low to medium flame till oil releases in sides.
- Switch off the flame. Keep aside to cool down completely.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Store in a clean glass jar and enjoy.