Broccoli Carrot Oats Cutlets is a healthy, tasty, and soft yet crunchy cutlets made with broccoli, carrot, and oats for a perfect tea time snack. Serve it with kiwi coriander chutney and adrak elaichi wali chai or as an appetizer for your dinner parties or it can be a great afternoon snack for kids or can even be packed in lunch boxes.
These yummy cutlets are tossed cutlets with flax seeds. Flax seeds bring that missing crunch and make it tastier. You can stuff cutlets with little cheese piece or chopped roasted peanuts, cashew, or raisins for extra crunch. I made little bit changes to make cutlets healthier. Instead of deep-frying, I roasted on tawa with little oil.
Oats are packed with nutrients like healthy carbs and fiber. One of the most unique and unusual ways of using oats within the kitchen is as a binder for when you are making aloo tikki or cutlets.
Once the oats are exposed to moisture, they create a binding power to vegetables and spices. The oats also help set the cutlets as they bake, making for a more tender and less crumbly patty. Replacing cornstarch or maida with oats gives you a healthy option.
This step is completely optional, but I love to have plain yogurt which adds the creamy flavor it adds to this snack. It also settles the heat from the chutneys and gives it a nice taste altogether.
Broccoli Carrot Cutlets with Oats | Healthy Tea Time Snack
Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. Broccoli Carrot Cutlets is a great way to incorporate veggies into your diet.
Florets of two Broccoli (medium size)
Carrots – 3
Quick oats – 2 cups
Finely chopped green chili – 1
Flax seeds – 1/4 cup each
Oil for roasting
Serve Cutlets With : Greek Yogurt – 2 cups ( Well beaten), Kiwi coriander chutney
For Cutlets :
- Bring water to boil with a little salt. Add the washed and cleaned broccoli florets. Let it remain in water for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water completely, pat it dry.
- Mince boiled broccoli along with chopped carrots in a food processor .
- In a bowl, mix together minced broccoli, carrots with oats, chopped green chilli and spices. Mix all ingredients well.
- Keep the prepared mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (covered).
- After 30 minutes take out prepared cutlet mixture. Take some lemon size portion and make cutlets. Coat them flax seeds.
- Heat little oil in pan and place cutlets in a pan. Shallow fry till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
Place 3 prepared cutlets on a plate. Pour 5 tbsp of yogurt on the cutlets. Top with a few teaspoons of chutney as required. Garnish with flax seeds. Serve immediately.
Veggies With Oats
Categories: Snack Recipes