This Eggless Chocolate Cake is moist, delicious, too tempting and great for chocoholics and chocolate cravings. It has a rich flavor of milk powder with the wholesome goodness of whole wheat flour, milk, and have a crunch of sesame seeds.
The best thing about this cake it has no eggs, no butter, and no all-purpose flour. I replaced butter with oil and all purpose flour with whole wheat flour which makes this cake healthy for a light dessert post-dinner or as an evening tea-time snack.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Milk powder – 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 4 tbsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Powdered brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Chocolate sprinkles & Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp each
A pinch of salt
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, milk powder, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder, salt together. Keep it aside.
- Wet Ingredients – Mix brown sugar, oil, and milk, vanilla essence in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients well.
- Put prepared batter into a greased square pan. Add chocolate sprinkles over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated wok and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- You can also use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake