If you haven’t yet discovered the delicious and surprising combo of beetroot and chocolate cake, this is the perfect recipe. This Beetroot Choco Nuts Cake is a moist, fluffy cake all because of one very special ingredient: Beetroot. Beetroot is one my favorite vegetable and I never missed any chance to add beetroot to my cooking. Beetroot contains valuable nutrients that may help lower your blood pressure, fight cancer and inflammation, boost your stamina, and support detoxification.
With cooked and boiled pureed beetroot, this cake is gooey and fudgy but does not taste like beetroot. It’s the miracle ingredient that gives the cake its magical texture. Do try it 🙂
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/4 cups
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
Curd – 3/4 cup
Boiled Beetroot – 1 medium
The Mix of flaxseeds, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, sliced pistachios, chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup ( 2 tbsp each)
- Boil medium size beetroot in a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water and then peel the boiled beetroot. Cut boiled beetroot into small cubes and keep it aside.
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients – Now in grinder mix oil, brown sugar, curd, and boiled beetroot cubes together until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients well.
- Put prepared batter into a greased square pan. Add dry fruits of your choice over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated wok and bake it for 1 hour 10 minutes
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of curd.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake