Netherlands is one of the most beautiful and clean countries that I have visited so far. It has something for everyone and as it is truly multicultural (With approximately 178 different cultural backgrounds Amsterdam is a blend of people from all over the world). There are certain unique aspects of the country, and only something you can truly understand if you have experienced it by yourself. We moved to the Netherlands in 2018, a new country, adapting new culture, everything is new. Everyone we met in the Netherlands welcomes us with open arms. From making new friends (in dutch class), learning the Dutch language, discovering a new culture, getting used to the new education system, first snow experience, coffee meetups, meeting people from different countries, using a bicycle to commute (back to childhood memories), fall in love with dutch fries, my first baking class, making new chai partners, friends visiting Amsterdam and addition of a new member to our family, “Ray”.
Chocolate and coconut are one of the best dessert flavor combinations and it reminds me of a taste of Bounty chocolate. I made this cake for my friends ( My Dutch language class), it was a huge hit.
The texture of this choco coconut cake is a fine crumb and it is very moist. The flavor is simply wonderful, packed with coconut and cocoa, it’s a perfect cake to go with a cup of coffee. Recently, I shared vanilla coconut cake recipe with whole wheat flour. In this recipe, I just add one more ingredient that is cocoa powder and it turned out super yummy chocolate flavor cake. Chocolate lovers do try this cake …..
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
Desiccated Coconut – 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp ( 1/2 + 1/4 tsp)
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Choco sprinkles – 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
- Dry Ingredients: Shift whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt twice and keep it aside.
- Wet Ingredients: Now add milk, sugar, oil in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients, coconut powder. Mix them well.
- Put batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of coconut powder with choco sprinkles over prepared cake batter and with help of spatula press gently.
- Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- You can also use brown sugar instead of white sugar.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake