Dates Jaggery Dip is a sweet and sour no sugar dip made with dates and jaggery which goes well with all chaat recipes.Dates are chewy with a sweet flavor. Being rich in various nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants, dates have amazing benefits for the brain and heart. It also helps in improving bone health, treating constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, and many other conditions.
By adding jaggery this chutney becomes healthier. The benefits of jaggery include its ability to cleanse your body, sweeten your food in a healthy manner, and provide good amounts of minerals. This chutney can be stored in a refrigerated for up to 6 months.
Dates – 1 cup
Grated Jaggery – 1 cup
Roasted pumpkin and melon seeds – 1/4 cup
Amchur powder – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted fennel powder – 1/4 tsp
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Wash and soak dates in a 1 cup of warm water for 30 minutes. Then remove seeds and grind dates (use same water in which dates are soaked) into a smooth puree.
- In a nonstick pan add grated jaggery with dates puree and mix till jaggery is completely dissolved.
- Then add all spices and mix gently.
- Cook the chutney on low flame till to right and little thick consistency on low flame.
- Switch off the gas and add roasted pumpkin seeds, melon seeds. Mix them well.
- Keep aside prepared chutney to cool down completely and then store in a glass jar.
- This stays good in the fridge for 6 months.
- You can have the consistency of the sweet chutney as per your choice. Simply alter the amount of water and make the chutney thin or thick as per your requirements.
- Adjust the amount of jaggery according to your taste.
- Don’t overcook chutney. It will be thick when cools down.