Parathas, stuffed or plain, both are a real delight and can be eaten any time of the day. Vegetable parathas made with whole wheat flour are, in fact, a healthy breakfast meal to kickstart your day as they are rich in protein, fibre, healthy carbs and other essential nutrients. This stuffed sprouts paneer paratha is easy to make and filled with nutrients. I enjoyed this yummy paratha with Sesame Chutney.
It’s yummy and easy breakfast recipe with lots of goodness. Beetroot is my favorite vegetable and I always try to add beetroot in my daily diet. The easiest way to eat beetroot is mix with whole wheat flour and make rotis or parathas. For this healthy paratha, I used very less oil for roasting and for stuffing. I used boiled sprouts, crumbled paneer with onions.
Sprouts Paneer Stuffed Paratha | Breakfast Recipe | Beetroot Sprouts Paratha
Sprouts are a powerhouse of protein and dietary fiber, it’s a perfect breakfast or lunch option. They are packed with loads of fibre and are virtually fat-free. The green moong dal sprouts contain a greater concentration of nutrients like Vitamin E, potassium, iron, phytochemicals, antioxidants, bioflavonoids, and protein. They also contain other nutrients like folic acid, zinc, niacin, riboflavin, copper and magnesium which are very good for hair.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Boiled and puree beetroot – 1
Oil – 1 tsp
Warm Water as needed
Green moong sprouts – 1 cup
Crumbled paneer – 1 cup
Finely chopped green chili – 2
Few finely chopped coriander leaves
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting
- Boil one medium size beetroot in a pressure cooker and allow to cool down completely. Then peel the boiled beetroot and cut boiled beetroot into small cubes. Grind them into puree. It yields 1/2 cup of beetroot puree.
- Mix all dough ingredients and make a soft dough. Keep it aside (covered).
- Boil sprouts with 1 cup of water in a saucepan for 5 minutes on medium flame. After 5 minutes strain boiled sprouts and let it cool completely.
- Then coarsely grind boiled sprouts along with green chili.
- Now put oil in a nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. Allow it to crackle. Then add coarsely ground sprouts & green chili mixture with turmeric, coriander powder, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder. Cook for 10 minutes on low flame until mixture is dry.
- Take out the prepared mixture on a plate and let it cool completely. Now add finely chopped onions (coarsely grind onions and squeezed its water), crumbled paneer. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
For making parathas:
- Make small balls from the dough, roll them and place the stuffing on one of the rolled parathas.
- Roll gently and sprinkle flour as required while rolling.
- Heat tava and let it become hot. Place the paratha on the hot tava.
- Roast from both the sides till golden with a little oil.