Kadhi is regular in my home and always been my favorite comfort food. Kadhi is a spicy yogurt based curry and it is a North Indian dish. It is made from slightly sour curd, besan known as chickpea flour with some Indian spices and usually accompanied with vegetable pakoras (fitters) which are deep fried.
Being a wife of a fitness freak husband I have to think twice before making fried things. Earlier I shared low-calorie palak kadhi recipe in which I replaced pakoras with palak (spinach). This time I used spring onions and it turned out extremely tasty.
Greek Yogurt or Curd – 1 cup
Besan or Split chickpea flour– 3 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Kitchen king masala – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped spring onions – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tsp
Water – 2 or 3 cups
Salt to taste
- Curd Masala Mixture: Put chopped garlic, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, kitchen king masala, besan, salt with 1 cup of water in a grinder. Pulse twice to combine all ingredients and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a deep saucepan and add methi seeds.
- Saute for 15 seconds and add chopped spring onions. Saute spring onions for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add curd masala mixture with 1 & 1/2 cups of water and mix them well.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low flame till it becomes little thick and creamy.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onion and serve hot with plain steamed rice.