Your breakfast must be the healthiest meal of the day as it is the first meal you consume before starting your day. Today, I prepared a simple poha dish just by combining broccoli florets, red bell pepper, and a hint of lime juice. My kid and husband loved it.
Poha is also known as flattened rice and is made with beaten rice – an excellent source of carbohydrates, iron, fibre, and packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and free of gluten.
It is a light breakfast food that eases the digestive system. As poha is easy to be digested, it will not lead to bloating and help keep you feeling full for a longer period, making it a perfect in breakfast or evening snack, if you are looking for losing some weight.
Broccoli is low in calories and high in fiber, each of which helps with weight management. While broccoli is not a traditional breakfast food and may seem like an odd choice, there are actually many delicious and easy ways to include this tasty green vegetable in your morning meal.
Broccoli Lime Poha | Breakfast Recipe |Fiber Rich Breakfast
Poha – 1 cup
Broccoli – 1 medium size
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Finely chopped red bell pepper – 1 small
Green chilly – 2
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 7
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
- Put poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Wash broccoli and cut them into small florets. Cook the broccoli florets with little turmeric powder and a cup of water for 3 minutes. Switch off the flame once done. Then drain and keep them aside. Broccoli florets should be cooked well and crispy enough to bite.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala, green chili. Then add chopped red bell pepper, broccoli and cook for 8 minutes on high flame.
- Lower the flame and add soaked poha. Cook on medium-low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well and cover the lid.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes. Served hot Poha with tea.