Have day old bread you want to use ? This cake recipe is a great way to use up leftover bread. To prepare this cake I used leftover bread and instead of flour I used Rava. This is the first time I tried this recipe and it turned out super delicious.
Semolina, sooji or rava is a versatile ingredient and easy to cook with. It is made from rough, coarsely ground whole wheat, and hence, is healthier than all purpose flour preparations. Dishes made from rava are delicious too, as the grain gives the dishes a lovely and unique texture. It’s light on the stomach, as it is easily digestible, and they are great to be consumed as mid-meal snacks. It is also used as the main ingredient in numerous foods, both sweet and savory, like Upma, and Rava ladoo.
This cake is super moist, delicious and easy to make. Mix leftover bread and rava together with your favorite nuts. Then will have a spectacular cake recipe and its eggless, butterless too which makes this cake healthier. Serve this delicious warm cake, with a cup of tea or coffee. Already, I shared some cake recipes with rava – Rooh Afza Gulkand Rava Cake (My Favorite), Rava Vanilla Cake, and Hazelnut Whole Wheat Rava Chocolate Cake.
Bread Rava Cooker Cake | Leftover Bread Cake | Tea Time Cake
Four slices of brown bread
Rava – 1/2 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Oil – 1/8 cup
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
Mix seeds – 1/4 cup
- In a mixing jar add roughly chopped bread slices with rava, milk, oil, salt and sugar. Blend them into smooth paste.
- Take out the prepared batter in a bowl and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes ( add 2-3 tbsp of milk if it looks dry) add baking soda and baking powder. Mix them well and put prepared batter into a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle seeds over cake and with help of spatula press topping gently. Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Don’t over mix the prepared batter.
- Don’t de mould quickly allow it cool down completely before removing.
- If baking in oven : Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake