Mangoes may very well be the king of all fruits. Filled with Vitamin B6, mangoes provide an incredible supply of brain food. B6 is vital to maintaining healthy brain function, mood, and sleep cycle. The enzymes within this nutritious fruit aid in the breakdown of proteins, while high fiber and water levels help maintain regularity.
They fight cancer, alkalize the body, help digestion. We use mango in a various dish like in sweets, ice cream, even in cakes, then why not a savory snack.
Today I am sharing a recipe “mango rava dhokla” which has very unique taste made with mango, rava or sooji and green chili. Mango lovers do try this …………
For Dhokla Batter:
Rava – 1 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Eno – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Mango – 1 medium size
Green Chilli – 2
Mustard Seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
White sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Green Chilli – 2 ( cut lengthwise)
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
A pinch of salt
For Garnishing :
Chopped Mangoes and Kiwi – 1/2 cup
- Peel the mango and grind it with green chili in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Mix all dhokla ingredients and mango puree (except red chili powder and Eno). Keep it aside for 30 minutes (covered).
- Keep 2 cups of water in a deep kadhai and put a stand in it. Cover it and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Now add Eno in a soaked batter and mix it well.
- Pour prepared batter into a greased dhokla pan sprinkle red chili powder and steam for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Check with a toothpick if it cum out clean then it’s done. Allow it cool down completely.
- For Tempering: Heat oil in a small pan. First, add the mustard seeds. Let them pop first.
- Add white sesame seeds, green chili and allow to crackle. Now add water, lemon juice, salt and let it boil for 1 minute. Switch off the flame.
- Spread tempering over mango dhokla and cut into the desired shape.
- Garnish with chopped mango and kiwi. Enjoy yummy, soft Mango Rava Dhokla.