Beetroot Apple Jam is a combination of vegetable and fruit. Homemade, preservatives free, pectin free jam recipe with Apple and Beetroots. I love making jams and that justifies the number of jam recipes in this blog. This apple beetroot jam recipe is a tasty with a combination of apples and beets. Do give a try and am sure you will not go in for store bought ones.
It is very easy to make and it tastes delicious. Beetroots are rich in nutrients that help to boost your immune system and can produce new blood cells.
Apple – 2 medium size
Beetroot – 1 medium
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Juice of one lemon
- Wash apple and beetroot. Cut them into small cubes.
- Heat a non-stick deep pan and add chopped apple, beetroot with 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook in low flame for 10 minutes (covered).
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool down completely.
- Put boiled apple, beetroot grinder and make a smooth puree. It yields 2 & 1/2 cups of puree.
- Now add sugar and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix it well and cook for a minute.
- Allow jam to cool down completely. Then store in sterilized glass jar.
- Enjoy jam with hot parathas or with vanilla ice cream.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow to cool down completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.