Chocolate Strawberry Cake Recipe-chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, and sweet strawberries :). This is the BEST, SUPER EASY chocolate cake recipe 🙂 Chocolate lovers do try it . This Chocolate Yogurt Cake recipe is soft, tender and super moist thanks to yogurt, then finished with a rich chocolate glaze. It makes for a deep, dark, decadent breakfast, dessert or afternoon treat.
If you’re thinking “it’s all Greek to me,” then it’s time to explore how Greek yogurt adds a secret weapon of deliciousness and delight to your healthy baking repertoire. Greek yogurt is a style of yogurt that’s been thoroughly strained of its whey, resulting in a far thicker consistency than regular yogurt. This style has long been favored in parts of Europe and the Middle East; referring to it as “Greek” or “Greek-style” yogurt is simply a nod to this fact. Like unstrained yogurt, it comes in a variety of different flavors or can be purchased plain.
For one, the straining process reduces the amount of lactose in Greek yogurt, meaning that it’s naturally lower in sugar than unstrained yogurt. And while Greek yogurt is denser than unstrained yogurt, it’s higher protein and lower in carbs. Though Greek yogurt often contains more calories than unstrained yogurt, it typically has far fewer calories and less fat than common baking ingredients such as sour cream — but it can deliver similar results without sacrificing flavor.
Chocolate Strawberry Cake | Chocolate Cake With Greek Yogurt ( Curd ) | No Egg No Butter No APF No Oven Cake | Pressure Cooker Baking with Whole Wheat Flour
I used my super delicious chocolate cake recipe here which is simple and turned it into a wonderful chocolate strawberry cake. What I love about this recipe is everything for the cake is with few ingredients, easy and quick process. It’s always great to have less mess in the kitchen when baking something, isn’t it? I made a super easy chocolate ganache and top-up cake with some fresh strawberries. For this cake, you doesn’t require any professional skills.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Greek yogurt – 1 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 or 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Chocolate Ganache – Chocolate sprinkles (1/2 cup ), 4 tbsp of milk
Few sliced fresh strawberries
- Dry mixture: Shift whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda. Mix salt and keep it aside.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder add brown sugar, curd, oil and mix until smooth.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Put prepared batter into a greased pan.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated wok and bake it for 1 hour.
- When cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely .
- Chocolate Ganache – In a bowl add chocolate sprinkles with milk. Microwave high for 2 minutes and its ready.
- Spread ganache of cake and garnish with strawberries.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk or water.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 60 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 8 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 8 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake