Need a healthy yet tasty snack to nibble on? Then make this delicious Gur Chana snack at home and store them to satiate those untimely cravings. You need just few ingredients – Gur ( Know as Jaggery ), Roasted Chickpea, some seasoning like himalayan pink salt, crushed black pepper & sauf (known as fennel seeds). These no sugar jaggery coated bites are perfect to binge on and will be liked by people of all ages. You can eat these nutritious bites after lunch as dessert or at night when you crave something sweet. So, try this recipe today only and enjoy 🙂
Jaggery is made from the juice of sugarcane, which is heated to produce thick crystals. It contains sugar in sucrose form and is used in many food products as a sweetening agent. It is considered healthier than refined sugar as certain plant phytochemicals and minerals are preserved in it.
Many people avoid jaggery as its raw appearance is not very appealing. However, it may be time to start making this food a regular part of your diet as it provides many essential nutrients and is an effective remedy for many ailments. By adding jaggery to your diet, you gain a wide range of health benefits that you may not have thought that this food could provide.
The mix of roasted chickpeas and gur (jaggery) is a powerhouse of protein and carbohydrates that can help one recover from not just pollution-related ailments but can also help boost immunity and prevent tooth decay. Gur chana is the ideal post-workout snack as it helps increase the body’s energy levels.
Roasted kala chana – 1 cup
Grated jaggery – 1 cup
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Roast black pepper and fennel seeds in a pan for few seconds. Then roughly crushed them and keep it aside.
- Now add ghee in a pan and add grated jaggery.
- Now mix well and let the jaggery melt. Once completely melted, let it cook until the mixture attains a thick and syrupy consistency on low heat.
- Now add roasted crushed black pepper and fennel seeds. Mix them well.
- Now add the roasted chana and mix well.
- Mix well to ensure roasted chana is coated well in the jaggery mixture.
- Cook on high heat for a few minutes and keep string jaggery coated channa till they are separated.
- Let the gur chana cool down completely. Store in an airtight jar or serve as a snack.
- Do try this recipe and share it.
Categories: Snack Recipes