Everyone had at least one beloved food or snack growing up that just “hit”. For me, all it takes is a bite of a Yummy Meetha Cheela made with whole wheat flour or atta and roasted in ghee.
Sweet Cheela is an instant sweetened dosa like dish that can be prepared quickly in 10 minutes. So that makes it a perfect recipe to prepare when you are in a hurry. It also makes a decent breakfast, different from the usual things we have. When I was a kid, My Maa used to make it for me whenever I felt hungry and did not want to have those regular meals.
So, I am sure the kids are going to love it. You too won’t mind preparing it for them as it takes very less time and can be prepared with simple ingredients that are easily available in a kitchen.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/8 cup
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Himalayan pink salt a pinch
Ghee for roasting
- Preheat pan on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients except ghee in a bowl. Keep mixing it till sugar dissolves completely.
- Cover the batter and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- The batter consistency should be like pouring neither thick nor thin.
- Heat the non stick pan and sprinkle ghee. Take three scoop of batter using a ladder then spread it on the pan like a dosa.
- Cook cheela on slow flame till it is light golden in color from the back side. Turn it over and then do the same on this side as well. Delicious sweet Cheela is ready to serve. Do the same with the rest of the batter.