Poha which is also known as flatted rice or beaten rice. It is made from rice flakes, are an easy-to-cook, light and nutritious snack that is often had for breakfast.
Poha with onions, carrot, peas, sprouts, and seasonings like chilies, lemon, and curry leaves make up a tasty and easy meal.
Protein Pack Poha
Poha – 1 cup
Green Moong Sprouts – 1/2 cup
Fresh Peas – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2
Grated Carrot – 2 ( small)
Green chilly – 2
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 7
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Handful of Chopped Fresh Coriander leaves
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
- Put poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Boil peas with 1 cup of water on medium-high flame for 5 minutes. Then drain and keep them aside.
- Boil sprouts with 1 cup of water on medium-high flame for 5 minutes. Then drain and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala, green chili. Then add grated carrot, sprouts, boiled peas and cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Lower the flame and add soaked poha. Cook on medium-low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well and cover the lid.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes open the lid and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Served hot Poha with tea.
- You can also microwave peas, sprouts, carrots in a microwave-safe bowl for 5 minutes on high power. Then drain water and add in poha.