This iron-rich breakfast made with brown poha, spinach, and sprouts turned out to super healthy breakfast.
Spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package. Dark, leafy greens like spinach are important for skin, hair, and bone health. They also provide protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals. To make it healthier, I have added little sprouts in this recipe as sprouted pulses are easier to digest while providing precious nutrients like iron, calcium, b-complex vitamin and c.
Spinach Sprouts Brown Poha – Iron Rich Breakfast
Brown Poha – 1 cup
Sprouts – 1/2 cup
Spinach Chopped Leaves – 1 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 7
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Pomegranate For Garnishing – 1/2 cup
- Put brown poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave brown poha in a colander to drain out completely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add salt, pav bhaji masala, sprouts, chopped spinach, chopped green chilies. Cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Now lower the flame and add soaked brown poha. Mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix them well and cover the lid. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and garnish with pomegranate.