Shaahi Paneer is easy to make lunch or dinner recipe that can be prepared for special occasions and festival. This is a North Indian recipe is the perfect dish for home parties and can be enjoyed with roomali roti, butter naan. This recipe cooked using paneer, onion, fresh cream, cashews, and whole masalas. This recipe is simple and made using very less oil.
Shaahi Paneer With Less Oil – Lunch Recipe
Paneer Cubes – 1 cup
Roughly chopped onion – 2 large
Roughly chopped tomato – 3 large
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
Ghee or Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Cashews – 5
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masalas :
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Clove – 3
Black cardamom – 1
Black pepper – 3
Bay leaf – 1
- Take a 1/2 cup of water in a deep pan and add chopped tomatoes, cashew with a pinch of salt.
- Cook chopped tomatoes until becoming soft. Let the mixture cool down and keep it aside.
- Boil 1 & 1/2 cups of water in a saucepan and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee or oil in a deep non-stick deep pan. Add bay leaf, whole garam masalas and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Then add ginger, garlic and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Then add boiled tomato, cashews and cook mixture until becoming soft. Let the mixture cool down and then make a smooth paste (take out bay leaf before grinding). Now sieve masala and again put in the same pan.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil or ghee. Then add red chili powder, coriander powder, green chilly, sabzi masala, and salt.
- Add sieved tomato onion paste and cook until gravy starts leaving oil from corners.
- Now add fresh cream and stir well. Add paneer pieces and stir gently.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes and then add 1 & 1/2 cups of boiled water, boil for 5 minutes on a medium-low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Shaahi Paneer is ready to serve.
- Use deep heavy nonstick pan.
- Microwave paneer for 3 minutes on high power before slices or dip paneer into hot water for 10 minutes. It makes paneer extra soft.