Kundru is also known as tindora or ivy gourd. Ivy gourd is a storehouse of a range of vitamins and minerals. Apart from that it also offers a decent amount of protein and fibers.
Kundru Sabzi is a perfect lunch recipe. It’s easy and ready within 20 minutes.
Kundru Aloo Ki Sabzi (Ivy gourd Potato Dry Vegetable) – Lunch Recipe
Kundru – 250 gms
Potato or Aloo – 2 medium
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Onion – 2 medium
Finely chopped garlic – 2
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Chopped kundru, onion, potato or aloo lengthwise.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan over medium heat and add mustard seeds or rai. Allow them to sizzle and then add cumin seeds.
- Now add onions and fry till translucent. Now add garlic, green chili and fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- Now add sliced kundru, potato or aloo with coriander powder, sabzi masala, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook on medium-low flame till vegetables are done (covered) for 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes cook sabzi uncovered for 5 minutes on medium-high flame stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas.