Marmalade is a fruit preserve made from the pulp and peel of citrus fruits boiled with sugar and water. It can be produced from lemons, limes, grapefruits, mandarins, sweet oranges, and other citrus fruits, or any combination of them. Today I am sharing a vegetable marmalade recipe which is made with capsicum or bell pepper. It is sweet, tangy, little spicy and having amazing roasted capsicum flavor.
I used red and yellow capsicum in this recipe you can use green capsicum too.
Capsicum – 3 (2 red & 1 yellow)
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Freshly crushed black pepper – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
1. Roast the capsicum directly on the flame. With the help of tongs to turn capsicum and roast evenly. Roast until its surface turns black.
2. Put roasted capsicum in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
3. Now peel the roasted capsicum and remove the black skin with the help of a knife.
4. Rinse the peeled capsicum with water and pat dry them. Cut the roasted capsicum and remove its seeds.
5. Roughly chopped roasted capsicum and put it into the grinder. Grind them into a smooth puree.
6. Switch on the gas and place a deep saucepan with grounded roasted capsicum puree along with sugar. Cook until marmalade gets thick and stir after every 2 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes add crushed black pepper and lemon zest, lemon juice. Cook marmalade for another 5 minutes on medium-high flame.
8. Allow marmalade to cool down. Store marmalade in a clean and dry glass jar.
1. Pour a few drops of prepared marmalade on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then marmalade is ready.
2. Allow marmalade to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
3. Keep marmalade in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 4 months.
4. You can replace the red capsicum with green capsicum.
For Lemon Zest – With the help of peeler remove the upper layer of lemon and slice it finely.