Sweet Potato Chaat or Shakarkandi ki Chaat is a super simple recipe and it is a great alternative to the popular aloo chaat. In regular aloo chaat, aloo or potato is deep fried and served with curd, chutney. This chaat is a perfect and healthy alternative with regular aloo chaat. I served this chaat with low-fat curd and no sugar date jaggery chutney which makes this chaat healthier.
Sweet potatoes also contain high amounts of fiber and potassium. They have more grams of natural sugars than regular potato but more overall nutrients with fewer calories.
Sweet Potato Chaat
Sweet Potato – 1 medium
Roasted Flaxseeds – 1 tbsp
Roasted Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Chaat masala – 1/2 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Low-fat curd – 1/2 cup
Date jaggery chutney – 1/4 cup
Pomegranate – 1/2 cup
- Wash the sweet potato and pierce them with a fork. Take a microwave bowl to add 1 cup of water and cook on high temperature covered for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes check the potato by inserting a fork. Take out the boiled sweet potato and let it cool down completely. Then cut sweet potato into cubes.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and add cubed sweet potatoes.
- Cook them on high medium flame for 4-6 minutes.
- Now transfer cooked sweet potatoes in a bowl and allow it to cool down a bit.
- Now add flaxseeds, sesame seeds, chaat masala with lemon juice. Mix them well.
- Serve prepared sweet potato with a little curd, pomegranate, and chutney.
Pan method: Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes. Boil 1 cup of water in a pan and add sweet potato cubes and cook for 8 minutes on high flame. After 8 minutes strain potato and keep them aside. (Do not overcook the sweet potatoes)