This Sweet and Spicy fruit chutney is made from fresh strawberries, apples that are cooked in sugar, and flavored with spices. It can be served with paratha, poori or even with chaat.
The strawberry is a highly nutritious fruit, loaded with vitamin C and powerful antioxidants Strawberry has a pleasant aroma, a vibrant color, a juicy texture, and a sweet yet mildly sour taste. Strawberries are consumed in great amounts as fruit and as an ingredient in numerous recipes such as ice creams, candies, juices, milkshakes, etc.
Strawberry Apple Chutney
Fresh strawberry – 250 gms
Apples – 2
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Black salt – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix well and add apple cubes (with skin) in it. Keep it aside.
- Wash and cut the strawberry into small pieces.
- Put apple and strawberry in a heavy non-stick pan with 1/4 cup of water on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Mash boiled apple and strawberry with the help of a spatula. Now add sugar and spices.
- Allow the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium and allow it to continue to simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Switch off the gas and cool down to room temperature, store in a glass jar.
- Keep aside to cool and store in a glass jar.
- This stays good in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- Don’t overcook chutney. It will be thick when cools down.