This cake is not only egg free but also contains absolutely no all purpose flour or maida and uses oil instead of butter. I baked this yummy, moist cake on the occasion of my birthday (27 September) – OATS & WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR is a perfectly healthy and delicious treat.
The best part about this cake is how moist it is. The Oats really makes this cake soft and flavorful. I used whole wheat flour instead of maida or all purpose flour to give it more nutritional value. Adding chopped walnuts and topping with thinly sliced almonds gives a perfect crunch.
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. A simple yet satisfying Eggless Nutty Cake that makes a healthy breakfast or snack option or can be served with tea or coffee.
Nutty Oats Wheat Flour Chocolate Cake
Wheat wheat flour – 1 cup
Homemade oats flour – 1/2 cup
Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 4 tbsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1 cup ( cold )
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
Thinly sliced almonds – 1/4 cup for topping
Salt a pinch
- Dry mixture: Shift whole wheat flour, oats flour, cocoa powder, baking soda or Eno, salt. Add chopped walnuts and keep it aside.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder add sugar, milk, oil, mix until smooth.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture and mix well.
- Put batter into a greased pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sliced almonds over prepared cake batter and with help of spatula press gently.
- Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Baking time may vary.
- Brown sugar can be replaced by white sugar.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake