Kala chana salad is delicious, low in fat, filling and healthy as well. This salad recipe is prepared using boiled kala chana mixed with chopped onions, green chilies, fresh coriander, and Sungold Kiwi. The salad tastes tangy due to the Sungold Kiwi – Zespri Sungold kiwifruit has a smooth, nearly-hairless skin and a golden yellow color inside.
I already shared a Sungold Kiwi jam recipe in my blog. Sungold Kiwi contains a good amount of vitamin E is essential for glowing skin, healthy immune system, and prevention of certain age-related eye conditions. It also has more Vitamin C than an orange. Vitamin C is also called ascorbic acid, strongly enhances the absorption of iron.
Black chickpeas which also know as Kala channa, Bengal grams are a rich source of iron, black chickpeas can prevent anemia and boost your energy levels.
Healthy Chana Salad would make the perfect meal or snack when you need something healthy. As Sungold kiwi is full of Vitamin C and black chickpeas are a good source of iron. So, this salad is a perfect match of vitamin C and iron.
Healthy Kiwi Kala Channa Chaat (Black Chickpea Salad)
Kala channa – 1/2 cup
Chopped Sungold Kiwi – 1
Finely chopped onion – 1
Finely chopped tomato – 1
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
Few fresh chopped coriander leaves
Juice of half lemon
Salt to taste
- Wash and soaked kala channa with enough water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Boil channa in a pressure cooker with little salt and 2 cups of water. Pressure cook kala channa for 2 whistles and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped kiwi, onion, tomato, chilies.
- Now add the boiled chickpeas, salt, chaat masala, lemon juice along with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve as an appetizer or as a salad.