This exotic jam of Zespri SunGold kiwifruit with green apple gives a fruity start to your day. Sungold kiwi fruit is sweeter than green kiwifruit. It has a beautiful yellow flesh color contains a good amount of antioxidant, vitamin C and is a good source of vitamin E. These antioxidants help our bodies fight against harmful pathogens and have anti-aging properties.
Jams and jellies need a substance called pectin in order to gel. Pectin is a naturally occurring substance that makes jellies gel and gives jams their spread consistency.
Apples contain a particularly high amount of pectin which helps jam to set. Pectin is available in the skin and pulp of fresh apples. Granny Smiths have the highest concentration of pectin.
Sungold Kiwi Jam
Sungold Kiwi – 4 ( when puree yields 2 cups )
Granny Smiths Apple – 1
Sugar – 1 cup
Juice of One Lemon
- Scooped out the kiwi pulp and cut into cubes.
- Now grind kiwi pulp in the food processor (with dough chopper ). Keep it aside.
- Cut apple into small pieces (with skin) and put pieces into a blender. Make a smooth puree.
- Transfer apple puree in a non-stick deep pan and cook it for 5 minutes on low medium flame stirring continuously.
- Now add grounded kiwi with sugar in a saucepan. Let it boiled over medium heat until thick.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame.
- Allow jam to cool down. Then add lemon juice and mix well.
- Store Sungold Kiwi Jam in a clean and dry glass jar. Enjoy ….
- Don’t grind kiwi in the blender else kiwi seeds will grind along with the pulp.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.
- You can replace the red apple with a green apple.