Hara Bhara Kebab is a delicious evening snack goes well with adrak wali chai. It can also be used as patties burgers. As the name suggests HARA BHARA KABAB – HARA means “Green” in Hindi and BHARA means is “Full”, so these kebabs are full of greens vegetables and they are super healthy.
Hara Bhara Kabab is an Indian vegetarian starter or snack which is easy to prepare. These kababs are full on with all green vegetables and leafy vegetable which gives a perfect green color to this tasty kabab recipe.
Kababs are usually deep fried but I adopted a shallow fried option with minimal oil. Also, I have replaced potato with SWEET POTATO and added a little-crumbled paneer. This helps to bind all the veggies and also make them healthier.
Healthy Hara Bhara Kabab With Sweet Potato
Spinach – 1 small bunch
Peas – 1/2 cup
Chopped Beans – 1/2 cup
Chopped Green Capsicum – 1 medium size
Sweet potato – 2
Crumbled Paneer – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped green chilies – 1
Finley chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder or Chaat Masala- 1 tsp
Finely chopped garlic – 2 tsp
White sesame seeds – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
- Wash spinach leaves and place them in a saucepan with 1/2 cup on medium heat for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes remove spinach from the saucepan and wash under cold running water. This process is called blanching. Leave spinach in a colander to drain out completely.
- Now put all green veggies (peas, chopped beans, chopped green capsicum) in a microwave-safe glass bowl with 1 cup of water and microwave them for 10 minutes (covered).
- After 10 minutes take out the bowl and drain water. Let the veggies cool down completely.
- Add boiled veggies in a chopper or grinder and grind them into a coarse paste without adding water. Keep it aside.
- Chopped sweet potato into 2 -3 parts and put it in a microwave glass bowl with 1 cup of water. Microwave it for 10 minutes (covered).
- Drain off the water and let it cool down completely. Grate boiled sweet potatoes and keep them aside.
- In a big bowl add grated sweet potatoes, blanched chopped spinach, boiled coarse paste of boiled vegetables with all other ingredients (except white sesame seeds and oil ) and mix everything together well.
- Keep prepared mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (covered). Grease hands with little oil and make kababs. Coat them with white sesame seeds.
- Heat little oil in a pan and place kababs in a pan.
- Shallow fry till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with chutneys or ketchup.
- Washing under cold water helps spinach in retaining its green color.
- Grating sweet potato gives a perfectly smooth texture to kababs.
- You can boil vegetables in a saucepan with 1 cup of water for 10 minutes on medium-low flame.
Categories: Snack Recipes