This sugarfree fruit chutney or dip is richly flavored with panch phoran. While jaggery balances the tartness of kiwi and makes chutney very pleasant to the palate. This chutney pairs beautifully with hot stuffed parathas or pooris.
Panch Phoran literally means “five spices.” It is a spice blend commonly used in Eastern India and Bangladesh and consists of the following seeds: Cumin (Jeera), Brown Mustard (Rai), Fenugreek (Methi), Nigella (Onion Seeds), and Fennel (Sauf).
By adding jaggery this chutney becomes healthier. The benefits of jaggery include its ability to cleanse your body, sweeten your food in a healthy manner, and provide good amounts of minerals.
Kiwi green flesh is sweet and tangy. It’s also full of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. They also have a lot of antioxidants and are a good source of fiber. Whereas, grapes are rich in a number of nutrients, including natural antioxidants. This dip or chutney is a lovely accompaniment to any main course or snack item, it can be stored in the refrigerator and used as desired.
Kiwi Grapes Chutney
Kiwi – 4
Grapes – 100 grams of each green grapes and black grapes
Panch Pooran – 1/2 tbsp
Jaggery or Gur – 1/2 cup (Grated)
Oil -1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in nonstick pan and add panch phoran. Saute them for a minute on low flame.
- Put all chopped grapes and kiwi with 1/2 cup of water. Covered it and let it cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- After 5 minutes add jaggery and all the spices.
- Cook chutney on low flame till to right and little thick consistency.
- Keep aside to cool to cool down completely.
- Store in a clean glass jar and enjoy.
- Adjust jaggery according to your taste.
- You can replace white sugar or brown sugar with jaggery.
- Panch Phoran –
1 tbsp nigella seeds.1 tbsp brown mustard seeds.1 tbsp fenugreek seeds.1 tbsp fennel seeds.1 tbsp cumin seeds. Combine all spices in a jar. Use accordingly.