Looking for a healthy and perfect monsoon tea time snack? Here comes the delicious combination of moong dal and oats – OATS MOONG DAAL TIKKI
These tikkis are loaded with the goodness of oats and moong dal. It is simple to prepare that makes it an excellent starter recipe and a perfect healthy treat for parties.
Yellow moong dal or lentils is extremely light and easy to digest. It is low in fat and rich in B complex vitamins, calcium, and potassium. Whereas, oats are rich in soluble fibers which help in lowering cholesterol levels. Protein-packed, full of fiber and low on fat, oats are designed to boost your energy levels and help you lead a healthy lifestyle. They are not only good for the stomach but are super filling, satisfying and versatile.
Oats Moong Daal Tikkis are an excellent snack recipe without deep frying. In this recipe, tikkis are shallow fried with very little oil. This makes it more healthy and fat-free.
Oats Moong Daal Tikkis
Yellow moong daal -1 cup
Oats – 1 cup
Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Sooji – 4 tbsp
Finely chopped onion – 1
Finely chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped green chilies – 2
Chaat masala – 2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Roasted and crushed peanuts – 1/4 cup
Oil for shallow frying
- Dry roast the oats on a slow flame till it turns crisp. Let it cool completely.
- Wash and soak moong dal in 4 cups of water for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and cook soaked moong daal with about 2 cups water on medium-low heat in a deep saucepan until all the water has evaporated.
- Allow cooked daal to cool down completely.
- Mix cooked moong daal, roasted oats, and other tikki ingredients (except oil ) to make a soft dough. Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now apply little water on your hands. Take some lemon size portion and make cutlets.
- Heat little oil in pan and place cutlets in a pan.
- Shallow fry till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with chutneys and pomegranate pearls.
Categories: Snack Recipes