Mango Jam is an easy-to-make spread perfect for freshly buttered toast. Make this deliciously sweet and tangy jam with fresh mangoes along with apple, sugar and lemon juice in about 30 minutes at home.
Store bought jams are made with the addition of pectin for thickening, but jam can be made with just fresh fruit, sugar and lemon juice.
Pectin is a naturally occurring substance that makes jellies gel and gives jams their spread consistency. Apples contain a particularly high amount of pectin which helps jam to set. Pectin is available in the skin and pulp of fresh apples.
Make this delicious jam and keep it handy in the refrigerator, to enjoy with toast and tea.
Mango Jam With Apple – No Pectin, No Color, No Preservatives
Apple – 1
Mango Puree – 2 cups ( 2 Medium Size Mangoes)
Sugar – 1 cup
Juice of one Lemon
- Cut apple into small pieces (with skin) and put pieces into a blender. Make a smooth puree.
- Transfer apple puree in a non-stick deep pan with mango puree. Cook it for 5 minutes on low medium flame stirring continuously.
- After 5 minutes add sugar and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame. Allow jam to cool down completely.
- Now add lemon juice and mix well.
- Yummy Mango Jam with Apple is ready to serve.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon.
- It last long for 3 months.