Halwa is a sweet pudding made from cereals, vegetable, fruits with loads of ghee and lots of dry fruits like cashews, almonds, pistachios. In India, Halwa is usually prepared for all kinds of festive celebrations. I have already posted some vegetable halwa recipes – Bottle gourd or Lauki Halwa, Carrot or Gajar ka halwa with milk powder, Peas or Matar ka Halwa, Carrot Beetroot Dates Halwa, Carrot Beetroot Halwa, Gajar ka halwa ( microwave method).
Sooji Besan Halwa is a very delicious Indian dessert made with gram flour (besan) and sooji (rava). I also tried different halwa recipes with Rava and Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) like Milk Rava Halwa, Sooji Gur Halwa, Whole Wheat Jaggery Halwa, Atta Sooji Halwa. This time I tried with sooji (rava) and besan (gram flour). It turned out super delicious and yummy. This is a perfect rich dish for special occasions and festive celebrations.
Sooji Besan Halwa (Rava Gramflour Pudding)
Sooji – 1/2 cup
Besan – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 3 cups
Mix chopped dry fruits – 1/2 cup
Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Take water, sugar, and cardamom powder in a saucepan. Boil until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add ghee in a deep non-stick kadai and allow it to melt completely on medium-low flame.
- Roast sooji on medium-low heat until brown color.
- Add besan and roast it on low medium flame for 4- 6 minutes.
- Now add prepared sugar syrup into roasted sooji, besan mixture (ensuring that no lumps are formed) and keep stirring till all the water gets absorbed.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and dry fruits. Serve hot.
- Use heavy-based non-stick pan.