Raw mango is one of the healthiest fruits you can try out in the beginning of summer. This green and tangy fruit help you deal with acne, indigestion, heatstroke. It is packed with vitamins too.
Beat the heat with this refreshing summer drink made of raw green mango pulp blended with cumin, jeera and mint leaves. Aam Panna summer cooler is a great remedy for heat stroke and dehydration.
Aam Panna or Raw Green Mango Cooler
Raw mango – 2 medium size
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Mint leaves – 14
Cold water – 4 cups
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Black salt – 1 tsp
Soaked fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped raw green mango into large chunks (with skin) and put into a deep saucepan along with sugar, all spices, and 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Boil the mangoes for 20 – 25 minutes on low flame till they become soft inside, and the skin gets discolored.
- Allow it cool down completely and remove the pulp from the skin with the help of a spoon.
- Now add the pulp with mint leaves, in a grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Add water (2 & 1/2 cups) and again grind it with grounded boiled raw mango paste.
- Raw mango summer drink is ready. Pour into glass with ice cubes.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
- Adjust spices according to your taste.
- Soak fennel in a 1/2 cup of water for 20 minutes.