This delicious whole wheat carrot banana cake recipe is bananas, grated red carrots bringing the best of both worlds to one bake. Add a variety of dried fruit like red cranberries, pistachios, raisins to pack this cake full of flavor and top with icing sugar for a special finish.
I also posted banana cake recipe with cocoa powder ( Eggless Banana Choco Cake ) and dates (Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Dates Cake). This time I tried with Carrots and it turned out a delicious treat. Combining two classic flavors in one super moist CAKE and its a perfect treat for kids in summer holidays. Its made with whole wheat, carrots that makes this cake packed with nutrients and a delicious flavor.
Whole Wheat Carrot Banana Cake – Summer Holiday Treat
Ripe Banana – 4
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Grated Carrots – 2 medium size (1 cup)
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Dried Cranberries, Pistachios, Raisins – 1/2 cup (3 tbsp each)
A pinch of salt
Fine powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Soak Dried red cranberries, raisins, pistachios in a 1 cup of warm water for 20 minutes.
- Remove water and dry them completely. Keep them aside.
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, directly in the bowl. Add grated carrot with soaked red cranberries, raisins, and pistachios.
- Wet Ingredients – In a mixer add bananas, brown sugar, oil, vanilla essence and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put the batter into a greased pan and tap the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Keep cake stencil ( I used steel coaster with flower design ). Carefully pour the powdered sugar into a small tea sieve or fine strainer.
- Slice and Enjoy with coffee.
- Adjust brown sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake