Bael Sharbat or Woodapple Cooler – Beat The Heat With Best Summer Drink
Woodapple is also known as Bael Fruit. Bael fruit has other names like wood apple, elephant apple, and monkey fruit. Wood apple is an immune booster and fights against bacterial and viral infections caused by them. It is a great reliever for respiratory problems too. Wood Apple contains tannins, phosphorous, fiber, calcium, nutrients, vitamins, organic compounds, protein, and iron.
Bael Sharbat (Woodapple Cooler ) – Summer Drink
Woodapple – 1 medium
Powdered sugar or powdered jaggery – 2 tbsp ( optional )
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin seeds powder – 1/2 tsp
Cold water – 2 cups
Juice of two lemons
Salt to taste
- Break open the fruit and using a spoon scoop the pulp and place in a large bowl. Put 1 cup of water and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes using your palms gather. Squish the pulp to separate the seeds and juice the pulp.
- Press the juice through a sieve to strain the fibers and seeds from the thick pulp.
- Scoop the pulp remaining in the sieve into a vessel and add more water ( 1/4 cup each time. Repeat it and strain till all that remains is the fiber.
- Add powdered sugar, black salt, roasted cumin powder, lemon juice to the strained juice and run in a blender with two cups of water.
- Serve chilled.