Just with a few ingredients you can make this perfect sweet dish – Gajar Ka Halwa. Traditionally, it is made with fresh red carrot, ghee, mava and lots of dry fruits. In this recipe, I used low-fat milk powder instead of mava or khoya and its taste delicious.
Instant Gajar Halwa With Milk Powder
Grated Carrot – 2 cups (6 medium)
Ghee – 4 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Milk powder – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Butter – 2tbsp
Sliced Pistachios – 8
Green Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
A Pinch of Salt
- Heat a nonstick saucepan and add butter. When butter melts add 1 cup of milk.
- Now add milk powder, little by little and mix well. Stir the mixture well and cook until it gets thick and smooth in consistency. There should not be any lumps in the mixture.
- Add sugar and mix it well. Cook until sugar melts completely. Now switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick deep kadai and add grated carrot. Cook till all the water dries up on a low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Now add cooked milk powder and sugar mixture into a prepared carrot. Mix them well.
- Stir continuously and cook until mixture turns thick. It takes 5-6 minutes.
- Then finally add cardamom powder, salt, and mix well.
- Garnish with sliced pistachios and serve.
- Soaked pistachios (without shell) in a 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes peel the skin and sliced pistachios.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.