Pineapple Chunky Jam is the perfect, nutritious, sweet spread to rejuvenate your drowsy mornings or your strenuous afternoons. Pineapple Chunky Jam is great on bread, French toast, crepes, sandwiches, cookies, and tarts ……. Enjoy.
Homemade Pineapple Chunky Jam – No Preservatives
Pineapple – 1 medium
Water – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Juice of one lemon
- Peel and cut pineapple into cubes.
- Cut half the pineapple into cubes and add into a grinder. Grind it until smooth. Grate the remaining half of the pineapple. It yields 2 cups of puree and 1 cup of grated pineapple.
- Put both puree and grated pineapple in a deep saucepan with 1/4 cup of water. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes until pineapple is soft.
- Now add sugar and cook on low flame for 15- 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame. Allow jam to cool down and then mix lemon juice.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow to cool down completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.